I want to know who has been messing with the clock? It seemed liked Christmas was still a long time away, and I was looking forward to Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving sped by and now it is only two weeks until Christmas. I had a nightmare in August that it was Christmas Eve and I hadn't bought any presents. Well I have bought some, but if I don't get a move on, my dream will come true.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Nancy's house. We got to see the whole family which was great. Nancy had a wonderful idea for Christmas. Instead of buying us presents for Christmas, she is making a donation to Heifer International in our names. I was not familiar with the organization prior to Nancy showing me. It is an organization that provides animals to families along with training on how to take care of them. The purpose of the animals is to provide food and a source of income. As the animals reproduce, the family then gives one of the offspring to another family in their area and passes on the gift. I think we are giving either goats or sheep and chickens. You can check out more about it at http://www.heifer.org/.
Well I got my Christmas present early. I got a new stove. It is really nice and has been fun to cook with, especially baking. My other stove did not keep a constant temperature in the oven.
For years Austin has been asking for a dirt bike. Finally he was able to buy an old one for $100. It is a Honda 50. He has been having a lot of fun riding up and down our street (not legal) and he took it to Nancy's over Thanksgiving and had a great time riding around her place. We're also very proud of him. We just got his first trimester grades and he got 4 A's and 2 B's and made the A Honor Roll.
Jacob had his first shooting competition with NJROTC last Saturday. He got 3rd place. It has qualified him to go with the team to Lincoln on Saturday for another competition.




4 comments:
Sorry, I accidently deleted my post. I was saying....your boys are growing up so fast! And by the way, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not done with my shopping either. I always have some present or two to get at the end.
austin? dirt bike?
what were they thinking....
I haven't seen Austin and Jacob in a long time :(. Oh I love your song, Canon has always been one of my favorites.
Post a Comment